Sunday, April 1, 2012

Why did I choose Plein Design?

Why did I choose Plein Design?

For years I have worried that the name Plein would end with me in my family because there are no sons to carry on the name. I have thought about hyphenating my name when the time comes that I get married but that still would not allow the name to live on. I had been doing crafts with friends since I was in eighth grade. Over the past few years it has become more of a hobby and now it is something that I love to do. Whenever I am stressed or under pressure, I need a way of venting and most times, it leads to my jewelry making or one of my other crafts. From doing these over the years, I now have piles of crafts just laying around, so I thought why not share my love of crafts for others to see and love as well. That is why I chose to make my own company. From there I knew I wanted to use my name in some way, Plein was my first choice. From there I could not decide what else to say. But then it came to me while I was designing someone's logo for their company and work, design. Everything I do is designing, I love designing. Plein Design was born. Over time as I grow, so will Plein Design. Right now it is to sell my jewelry and hair accessories. I am starting at a college for design and technology in June for my bachelors degree. Once I have my degree I hope to open up a new branch to Plein Design and offer designing of flyers, business cards, logos, etc. Perhaps I'll even add fashion design soon. There are so many roads to take. I hope you will follow me on this Journey.

In the next few days I will do another posting on the Origin on the name Plein. I have wanted to do this for a long time because my father tells me it mean to be full or full to capacity and I always thought it was french but now as I see who is looking at my blog, many viewers are from Bulgaria. Now I want to research and find all the meanings of Plein.

Comments are open to anyone, if you know a separate reading, please let me know and I will include your meaning and credit you in my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment